Cypress, CA, March 1, 2012 – Trident University International (TUI), a leader in online education, completed 2011 with record attendance at military events and expos by the Trident Military and Veteran Outreach team. “Throughout the year, TUI has been represented by members of our team at military events and expos across the country. TUI was a proud gold sponsor of the Air Force Marathon, participated in the Marine Corp Marathon, Modern Day Marine, Army 10-miler, AUSA Annual Meeting and countless other events across the country. We are proud of all that we have accomplished throughout the year and are extremely grateful to all of those whom supported our efforts to spread the word about Trident University,” said Dr. Lucille Sansing, President and CEO, Trident University International.
The following is a brief glance and look back at Trident University’s top five noteworthy trade events of 2011 and early 2012.
- Council of Colleges and Military Educators (CCME) – February 13-15, 2012 TUI donated $500 to Operation Gratitude – CCME Cares, an organization that creates and sends care packages to deployed service members. The annual symposium facilitated the networking and interaction of over 1,200 key leadership across organizations in an environment focused on enhancing and optimizing voluntary education opportunities for the service member and families. The event facilitated communication between the membership and the DoD educational support network. The CCME Annual Symposium served as a professional development opportunity for military educators, partners and supporters of military education. Esmeralda Silva, Associate Vice President Compliance, Trident University International stated, “CCME was an opportunity to work with colleagues from other universities and colleges, along with chief education officers within military organizations, to discuss issues surrounding service member education. The discussion among attendees focused on providing quality education and ensuring that institutional practices not only meet, but exceed the needs of service members.”
- Armed Forces Operational Medical Symposium (AFOMS)-May 16-20, 2011 The annual conference for the IDCA Foundation – a non- profit organization built on the rich heritage of the Independent Duty Corpsman profession. The mission of the IDCA Foundation is to operate as a public charity for the purpose of providing education, support, and promotion of Independent Duty Corpsman, Independent Duty Medical Technician, Medics and his/her skills, methods, equipment, and activities to make grants and scholarships to individuals and organizations that further charitable purposes.
- AUSA Annual Meeting-October 10-12, 2011 The AUSA Annual Meeting is one of the largest land warfare expositions and professional development forums in the world. The Annual Meeting consisted of informative presentations, panel discussions on pertinent military and national security subjects, workshops and important AUSA business meetings. The three day event also included over 2,500 attendees and 600 industry and military exhibits. The event provided a unique opportunity to showcase defense industry products and services to key Army and DoD decision-makers, discover new developments in defense technology and meet with colleagues from the world-wide defense community.
- Army Aviation Association of America (AAAA)-April 17-20, 2011 AAAA’s annual forum focused on showcasing the latest technologies and products supporting the Army aviation community. The event featured military and family forums, industry and military exhibits, award presentations and special appearances by top military officials.
- Air Education Training Command Symposium (AETC)–January 12-13, 2012 AETC’s symposium is an annual event that offered attendees a multitude of venues to learn about the current and future environments of recruiting, training, and educating Airmen, along with operational and emerging topics and issues. Information was offered through two keynote speaker luncheons and 100+ individual breakout sessions/seminars organized by topic tracks. Additionally, the Alamo Chapter of the Air Force Association hosted an Exposition Hall offering 120+ military, industry, and education exhibitors and vendors displaying leading edge capabilities and information.
About Trident University International (TUI)
Founded in 1998, Trident University International (TUI) is a leading online postsecondary university serving all members of the military family. Its pioneering Robust Learning Model (RLM) and proven online methodologies empower students to earn high-quality baccalaureate, masters, and doctoral degrees. TUI offers academic excellence, as over 80% of its faculty members have doctoral degrees. They use a real-world, practical curriculum that provides students with the tools to enhance their lives and can help further their careers.