March 22, 2018 – Cypress, CA –In an effort to guarantee the professional relevance of its new Computerized Accounting certificate program, Trident University International (Trident) has assembled an advisory panel made up of five professionals currently working in this field. This panel will actively review academic materials to make sure the subject matter is current and applicable to accounting careers.
The members of this panel have significant professional experience, spanning multiple industries and functional areas. They include certified public accountants (CPA), military veterans, small business owners, and leaders at global organizations.
The advisory panel includes the following professionals:
- Robert Steele, a CPA who has experience as a course designer, business owner, and accountant at multiple organizations.
- Evangeline Imana-Iyemura, who has significant senior leadership experience from her decade at SanDisk, a Western Digital company. She has managed portfolios of $50 million to $1 billion for organizations with annual revenue of $700 million to $6 billion.
- Matthew Jennings is a veteran of the U.S. Marines and is an enrolled agent, the highest designation awarded in the field of taxation from the IRS. He has over 20 years of experience as an accountant.
- Ernie Mayhorn is an enrolled agent running a financial services company specializing in tax preparation and planning, IRS conflict resolution and representation, and payroll services.
- Christopher Madero is a CPA with nearly two decades of executive level experience in private and public accounting. He currently serves as a corporate controller, responsible for the financial oversight of an organization with an 11 state footprint.
Trident’s 100% online Computerized Accounting certificate and diploma program was launched in 2017 and is available for MyCAA funding.
About Trident University
Founded in 1998, Trident University International (Trident) is a leading online postsecondary university serving adult learners. Trident uses the EdActive learning approach, which employs case-based learning in an online setting to teach real-world relevant critical thinking skills to enhance the lives and careers of students. Trident offers high-quality bachelors, masters, and doctoral degree programs and certificates, led by a qualified faculty team, over 80% of whom have doctoral degrees. Trident is regionally accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) and has over 32,000 alumni, including more than 27,000 with a military affiliation. The University has received multiple acknowledgements from Military Times, Victory Media’s Military Friendly Schools, and Military Advanced Education & Transition for their dedication to military-affiliated students. Visit www.trident.edu, Trident’s Facebook page, or call at to learn more about Trident’s wide range of educational options.