Dr. Pamela Wirth
Department Chair - University College
Dr. Pamela Wirth has been the Science Department Chair for University College since 2016. Prior to joining Trident University, Dr. Wirth enjoyed a diversified career that included teaching (both on-ground and online), scientific research, and working in the corporate sector. She has been specializing in the education of adult learners for over fourteen years. Her professional background consists of academic and leadership roles in pathological research and clinical diagnostics as a scientist, teacher and mentor. She enjoys investigating ways technology can be used to enhance critical thinking, collaboration, and real-world applications. Her distance learning practices stem from a belief that effective teaching comes from a combination of sound instructional design, the application of best practices and the effective use of technology.
- General Education
- Wirth, P. (2015). From Dull to Dynamic: How to Engage Learners in an Online Science Course
- Wirth, P. (2015). 5 Ways to Enhance Your Online Science Course Using Interactive Whiteboards
- Wirth, P. (2015). Online Collaboration: Should You Be Targeting Your Online Faculty Instead of Competing for Online Students?
- Gilbert J, Murphy B, Dietrich MS, Henry E, Jordan R, Counsell A, Wirth P, Yarbrough WG, Slebos RJ, Chung CH (2012). Phase 2 trial of oxaliplatin and pemetrexed as an induction regimen in locally advanced head and neck cancer. Cancer, 118 (4): 1007-1013.
- Wirth, P. (2010). The prognostic potential of the Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor and Nuclear Factor Kappa B pathways and associated therapeutic strategies in patients with squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck, 2010. 664015002.
- Law JH, Whigham AS, Wirth PS, Liu D, Pham MQ, Vadivelu S, Kirkbride KC, Brown BT, Burkey BB, Sinard RJ, Netterville JL, Yarbrough WG (2009). Human-in-mouse modeling of primary head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Laryngoscope, 119(12):2315-23.
- Baumann JL, Cohen S, Evjen AN, Law JH, Vadivelu S, Attia A, Schindler JS, Chung CH, Wirth PS, Meijer CJ, Snijders PJ, Yarbrough WG, Slebos RJ. (2009). Human papillomavirus in early laryngeal carcinoma. Laryngoscope, 119 (8), 1531-1537.
- Chaurand P, Latham J, Lane K, Mobley J, Polosukhin, V, Wirth P, Nanney L & Caprioli R. (2008). Imaging Mass Spectrometry of Intact Proteins from Alcohol Preserved Tissue Specimens: Bypassing Formalin Fixation. Journal of Proteome Research, 7 (8), 3543-3555.
- Comparison of Staining Characteristics of Apoptotic Markers. (2005).Journal of Histotechnology. Pamela Wirth and Sandra Olson. Journal of Histotechnology. 28 (1), 29-31.
- Laboratory Management of Core Facilities, Department of Business, National College of Business and Technology, Nashville, TN (2010)
- Understanding Probability ,Department of General Studies, ITT Technical Institute, Nashville, TN (2010)
Ronald Reagan, State of the Union address, Feb. 6, 1985
Respiratory programs Pima Medical Institute
Greater Arizona E-Learning Association
Arizona Technology in Education Association