The Military Success Scholarship (MSS) Program is available to all eligible undergraduate and graduate Active Duty, Reserve, and National Guard members currently serving in the U.S. Armed Services, who utilize all military Tuition Assistance benefits for the military fiscal year (ending September 30 each fiscal year) with Trident University. The scholarship helps students who have exhausted their annual tuition benefits, by reducing their out of pocket cost by 50% for up to 4 courses after their benefits are exhausted within the same military fiscal year.
Announcing the Military Success Scholarship Program
- Currently serving U.S. Active Duty, Reserve, and National Guard members
- Currently enrolled in a Trident undergraduate or graduate (masters) degree program
- Meet Trident admission requirements
- Enroll in and successfully complete the following number of units within the military fiscal year (October 1 through September 30). Successful completion is defined as receiving a passing grade per the university catalog requirement:
- Army, Air Force, and Marine Corps – 4 courses (based on 4 unit courses) or 16 units
- Navy and Coast Guard – 3 courses (based on 4 unit courses) or 12 units
- Utilize all Military TA Benefits at Trident University
- Courses that receive scholarship must be taken within same military fiscal year
- This scholarship expires at the end of each military fiscal year (9/30)
- Undergraduate students must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0 or better and graduate students must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 or better and maintain satisfactory academic progress (SAP)
- Students on an approved Leave of Absence, which runs through to the new military fiscal year, will not be eligible for scholarship from previous military fiscal year
- The MSS cannot be combined with any other Trident University scholarships other than the Trident Alumni Scholarship (TAS) for master level alumni. Students can use TAS for those courses that are not already eligible for the MSS discount. The discounts cannot be used on the same course.
- The 50% off the cost of the course will be awarded upon confirmation that student has successfully completed the required number of courses and units as stated above.
- Awards will be applied to up to 4 courses taken in the same military fiscal year
Login to TLC to locate your Student Finance Advisor. Please reach out to your advisor to determine your eligibility.