- About Trident Military
- Active Duty
- Military Family & Education
- Military FAQ
- Military Resources
Online College for Army Soldiers
Trident University is proud to participate in GoArmyEd so that eligible active duty, National Guard, and Army Reserve Soldiers like you can pursue fully online associates, bachelors, masters, and doctoral degrees through Trident.
It is one of our chief visions as an institution to be able to give back to those who serve our country by helping them achieve a high-quality education. We strive to be as military-friendly as possible and provide our army students with the support they need to be successful during, and after college.
“I know the army pays for college, but don’t know where to begin.”
This is a comment we hear often from Army veterans and active duty service members. They know they have earned some great military education benefits through various Army education programs, but don’t know how to use them.
If you are in the Army and considering going to college, don’t let the process worry you. Contact Trident and we’ll walk you through everything you need to know and do to get enrolled in college and achieve your goals.
In honor of William “Joe” Gainey for his 33 years of loyal and dedicated service to the mission and to our Nation, Trident University is offering a graduate degree scholarship to all eligible E-9 active duty, reserve, and National Guard members currently serving in the U.S. Armed Services.
Talk With Your Ed Office
Military students requesting Tuition Assistance (TA) must speak with their local education office to determine their tuition assistance benefits and receive guidance prior to enrolling at Trident University.
- Speak with your local Education Office to ensure your eligibility for tuition assistance and complete any required training (each branch may have a slightly different process and requirements).
- Ensure you are following your service branch requirements including the time frame to submit your tuition assistance application.
- Questions regarding your tuition assistance approval or requirements should be directed to your local education office.
Applying at Trident
All Soldiers using Military Tuition Assistance (TA) who want to earn a degree through Trident must submit a Common Application through the GoArmyEd portal.
If you’re new to Military TA, set up an account at GoArmyEd by following these steps:
- Connect to www.GOArmyEd.com and select the “New Users” tab in the top right corner.
- Provide the information requested in the application and click “Submit”
- Receive a username and password and complete the Prospective User Checklist displayed in your Prospective Student View before using TA.
- After receiving your username and password you may submit your common application.
If you already have a username and password, go to www.GOArmyEd.com and following the steps below to complete the common application. Please note: If you have a common application with another college or university, you will need to contact your Education Service Officer (ESO) and/or Education Center to update your home college to Trident University.
- Connect to www.GOArmyEd.com
- Go to my virtual Education Center located on the main page
- Click on the link “Before you Enroll in the Course”
- Click on Complete/Update Common Application
- Complete all required steps as indicated in Common Application document
For Doctoral Degree Seeking Students
If you wish to pursue a doctoral program with Trident University, you do not need to submit a common application through the army portal. Instead, apply online through Trident University. For more information, call (800) 375-9878.
If you wish to transfer from a bachelors program to a masters program with Trident, you will need to change your programs and resubmit your application.
Once your account has been set up and a common application submitted, Trident will contact you within 24 to 48 hours. If you have questions for Trident please direct them to TMAC@trident.edu
After you submit your common application to Trident, we will create a student file for you. After we receive and review all of your official transcripts, including all academic institutions you have attended and your military transcript, a transcript evaluator will create an official Student Documented Degree Plan. This plan cannot be created unless we have received all official transcripts. No exceptions.
After your plan has been approved, Trident University will upload it to the GoArmyEd portal. The VOLED Program Manager will upload your approved plan to the army portal and your Education Center will receive notification that it was uploaded to your e-file/Student Agreement tab. Your Educational Service Officer is obligated to review your plan and post it on your army records, confirming it was reviewed. If the deadline is missed for posting your plan, you will be placed on automatic hold and prevented from enrolling in further courses until the hold is lifted.
Again, we will be unable to upload your degree plan to the army portal if you do not submit your application to Trident or if your home college is not designated as Trident University.
Non-degree seeking students: Official Student Documented Degree Plans cannot be uploaded.
Grades: Your grades are automatically updated through the portal. Posting usually occurs within five business days after official grade posting. You may also request to have Trident mail or email grades to your Education Center for your army records.
Active/reserve Army students who receive Military Tuition Assistance (TA) and wish to take courses with Trident University must register through the army portal. To do so, access www.goarmyed.com and follow these steps:
- Click on Enroll or Drop/Withdraw from a Course.
- Request TA and Enroll in a Course.
- It will lead you to the account information section (you will need to complete) – when ready, click on Account Information Verified.
- Click Continue to be directed to Select Enrollment Form.
- Select the correct session term. It will direct you to View My Class Schedule.
- Click Add Classes to be directed to STEP 1.
- Click on Magnifying Glass to be directed to Search Integrated Course Schedule.
- Select Trident University as your college and scroll down to Subject.
- In the Subject section input the course you wish to take and click search. It will direct you to the courses.
If you wish to drop or withdraw from courses you will need to do so through the army portal. If you pre-register through our My TLC Portal, you must register through the army portal to be officially enrolled.
Please note: It may take 24 to 48 for Trident University to receive and process your registration/withdrawal.
A Note From a Veteran
Find out why it is important to start your education and consider it an investment into your future.
Let Us Serve You
New veteran and active duty service members benefit from The Definitive Guide to College for Veterans e-Book.