The Military Success Scholarship (MSS) Program is available to all eligible undergraduate and graduate Active Duty, Reserve, and National Guard members currently serving in the U.S. Armed Services, who utilize all military Tuition Assistance benefits for the military fiscal year (October 1 – September 30). The scholarship is designed to help students who have exhausted their annual tuition assistance benefits, by reducing their cost per credit hour by 50% for up to 6 courses after their benefits are exhausted within the same military fiscal year.
Announcing the Military Success Scholarship Program
- Currently serving U.S. Active Duty, Reserve, and National Guard members
- Currently enrolled in a Trident undergraduate or graduate degree program
- Meet Trident admission requirements
- Enroll in and successfully complete the specified number of credits/courses within the military fiscal year (October 1 – September 30). Successful completion is defined as receiving a passing grade per the university catalog requirement:
- Army, Air Force, and Marine Corps scholarship will be applied on the 5th course
- Navy and Coast Guard scholarship will be applied on the 4th course
- Transfer students must exhaust their tuition assistance benefits for the military fiscal year and successfully complete at least two courses within the military fiscal year at Trident (must provide documentation verifying annual usage at another institution for the current military fiscal year)
- This scholarship expires at the end of each military fiscal year (9/30)
- Students must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 (undergraduate) or 3.0 (graduate) or better and maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- Students on an approved Leave of Absence, which runs through to the new military fiscal year, will not be eligible for scholarship from previous military fiscal year
- Scholarship reduces the cost per credit hour by 50% for up to the next 6 courses taken after benefits are exhausted within the same military fiscal year
- Cost reduced to $500 per course, based on 4 credit courses
Login to TLC to locate your Student Finance Advisor. Please reach out to your advisor to determine your eligibility.